This is client side solution of automatically deleting emails after X number of days. We are going to use Outlook’s AutoArchive feature. Don’t worry AutoArchive feature can delete emails also.
I would recommend create an Outlook rule to move the emails you want to delete after X number of days. Just to make sure this tip is for Outlook on Windows.
Lets get to the instructions:
- Open Outlook
- Go to Files >> Options >> Advanced >> Auto Archive Settings
- Set Run AutoArchive every ___days to you liking. This means the emails will be deleted every X number of days automatically.
- Do you need to be prompted before AutoArchive Runs? Check the box for Prompt before AutoArchive runs
- Choose Permanently delete old items.
Do not click on Apply these settings to all folders now.
- Close OK.
- Go and find the Outlook folder where the emails needs to be deleted.
- Right click on the folder and choose Properties, then open AutoArchive tab.
- Select Archive this folder using these settings
- Select Clean out items older than __ Weeks. If you want to delete the emails after 90 days, type 90 and select days.
- Select Permanently delete old items
- Click OK
That’s all. You have done it. Wait for the AutoArchive to kick in and watch it delete the emails automatically.
Hope that helped you. Enjoy and Leave me a reply.