The huge pain with using Profile Disks in Windows Server 2012 RDS is to dealing with TEMP profiles. When the user’s profile corrupts and started creating TEMP user profiles, Admins has to deal with fixing the issue and it’s NOT easy. But if you want to know how to fix it, here it is.
1. Delete User’s profile disk (.VHDX). To find the user’s correct profile disk, you have to check the NTFS security tab in properties of the xxxxx.vhdx file.
2. Check all Remote Desktop Session Host servers C:\Users folder to check which server has the corrupt user profile. (hint: check \\sessionhost\c$\users from your computer)
3. Once you find the server, Remote desktop to that server. You will see the following event log message on that server in System Logs.
Remote Desktop Services could not apply a user desktop for a user account with a SID of <GUID>. A temporary profile was enforced for the user. Verify that the user profile disk settings are correct. The error code is 0x800700AA.0
4. Open REGEDIT and expand to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList
5. Click each sub key section and watch ProfileImagePath value. This value will say username in the path.
6. Once you find the correct key, Delete it.
7. Have user logon again to the RemoteApp or VDI. RDS will create new profile disk.
Hope that fixed your issue. If so, please leave me a thanks note.