I have had it. We have more then 2000 objects to be displayed in Active Directory Users and Computers console every time I open it. This goddamn console doesn’t stick the Maximum number of items displayed per folder. Somehow it goes back to 2000.
Then I found a workaround by creating my own MMC console. That resolved my problem. Now, I am very 🙂 to see all the users in ADUC console every time I open it. No nagging warning popup windows.
If somebody frustrated with ADUC console with the same problem, here is the help to make a custom MMC console with custom settings.
1. MMC” in Start -> Run.
2. Select File -> Add/Remove Snap-in. Click Add.
3. Select "Active Directory Users and Computers”. Add and Click OK.
4. Select the Active Directory Users and Computers in MMC console. Click View and Filter Options. Type the number (of objects you want to see). Click OK to Close.
5. Click File -> Save. Type the name and your own location. It will be saved as *.mmc e.g., Active Directory Console.msc.
6.You can double click that saved mmc file (e.g., Active Directory Console.msc) to open the ADUC console with your own custom options. Custom options will stick permanently.
7. Thank me if you find it useful. 😉
5 thoughts on “Display more than 2000 Users (objects) in Active Directory Users and Computers Console”
This just helped me out. Thanks 🙂
Thanks. It helped me.
It’s really a nice and useful piece of info. I am glad that you just shared this useful info with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thank you for sharing.
Great post! Very helpful.