Whenever I install SCOM agent on new server, I get this alert.
Alert description: Critical hotfixes required for reliable operation of the Exchange Server 2010 and other management packs are not installed on this server. Please see the appropriate KB article for more information, and to download the required hotfix
Why would SCOM barking on a wrong tree? None of them are Exchange servers.
After staring at the alert for a minute and checked the SCOM monitor properties, I found this monitor is targeting Health Service that mean all monitored servers. a..ah! Bug in Exchange 2010 management pack!!!
Now how to fix it? Disable this monitor for all Servers and target this alert only to Exchange servers. Follow the steps below to do that.
- Open SCOM Console and go to Authoring section.
- Select Monitors Node. Select the scope to “Health Service”.
- Search for “required SCOM hotfixes”
- Right click on “The required SCOM hotfixes for Exchange MP are not installed” monitor, Select Overrides –> Override this Monitor –> For all objects of class: Health Service.
- Check the box for Enabled and select False in Override Value column. Optional: Select a custom management pack created by yourself on the bottom. Click OK to disable for monitor.
- Right click on the same monitor again and select Overrides –> Override this Monitor –> For a Group..
- Type Exchange in the search box and select “Microsoft Exchange 2010 All Servers Computers” and click OK.
- Monitor may be already enabled since we only selected Exchange servers only. You may change any alert priority or severity. Click OK.
That’s All. No more false alarms. Enjoy.