I installed Windows Update Services feature on my SCCM R2 server. WSUS site certainly screwed the reporting site settings. If you get the following messages, you are in right place.
"An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator."
“You do not have permission to view this directory or page.”
It meant (on my case) is the site is not using NTLM authentication which is required for SCCM reporting.
Follow the steps below to fix this authentication issue. I am assuming you are running SCCM on Windows 2008 R2 server.
- Log on to SCCM server as administrator.
- Open “Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager” console in Administrative Tools.
- Expand the Websites to SMSReporting-<sitecode>
- Double click on Authentication icon on the middle pane.
- Click on Windows Authentication and Choose Providers… under Actions pane.
- Add NTLM if it not listed already and move it to the top.
- Click OK to close the dialog box.
- Run IISReset to restart the IIS services in Command prompt (elevated mode).
Voila!! Check it now.
One thought on “SCCM Reporting: "An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator."”